On-Ramp Wireless is the global leader in wide-area machine-to-machine communication. We are looking for technology and business innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us power the M2M revolution. On-Ramp offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, and the chance to work for a dynamic and growing company. To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line.
Senior Product Manager – Communications Solutions
On-Ramp Wireless is looking for a hands-on Product Manager to own defining and driving commercial success of the products that make up our unique and purpose build technology for M2M communications.
The system level solution includes field area networking, end-point device, infrastructure/software, and service level products. You will interact with a broad range of functions including Sales, Marketing, Service Delivery, Finance, R&D, and Manufacturing to ensure these products are successful in the market across their entire life cycle.
Candidates for this position should have experience in a day-to-day product management role for broad communications solutions. Experience with networked communications systems, ideally wireless communications, at the overall solution level is required. The position is located in our headquarters in San Diego, CA.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume, along with a note or cover letter describing how your prior experience has covered the successful definition and commercialization of communications solutions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage the definition of new products, development of strategic product definitions, incorporate feedback from customers and work closely with R&D and other internal groups to ensure the products meet market needs.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for both current and future products, including go-to-market strategies
- Perform primary and secondary market research
- Develop project business case models, financial and pricing models
- Regularly interact with Sales, internal users, customers and non-customers to assess how to best meet their needs
- Understand and anticipate competitor activities to define positioning and key differentiators
- Design, develop and implement the strategic objectives using situational analysis (i.e. SWOT, drivers, strategy, tactics, metrics, etc.) and monitor implementation of marketing strategies
- Coordinate successful relationships with key partners and customers to ensure successful adoption and evolution of the portfolio across a solution ecosystem
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Product Management experience in a similar position including specific experience with networked communications solutions, ideally wireless wide-area experience.
- Experience with delivery of large scale wide area communications solutions desired including scalable software infrastructure.
- Understanding of OEM integration at both end-point device and back-office applications levels is desired.
- Broad system level experience is required including knowledge of communications modules, RF, network infrastructure, and solution delivery services.
- BS or equivalent technical experience required. MBA preferred
- Experience delivering products/solutions for new market entrants and in cooperation with partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and work products to business and technology teams.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality products on time in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- This position requires travel (20%).
Regional Sales Manager
We are seeking a dynamic Regional Sales Manager for the Western US territory. This key position requires exceptional customer insight and interface skills. As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for direct and distribution channel sales of company products and services. In addition, you will manage all aspects of sales to prospective and current customers, provide technical and administrative product information, be responsible for product presentations and demos and manage the sales channel within your region. You will be accountable for meeting sales targets and company growth objectives through new customer development and sales growth optimization of existing accounts within the established geographic area. In addition, you will provide market and account level leadership to properly identify, qualify, create account plans and execute against those plans with our partners, focusing on the electric cooperative and municipality space. The successful candidate should live within the Western US, preferably Southern California.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ applicable business development experience are required.
- Existing relationships and experience selling wireless technology into the metering and utilities market with a track record of success is a must.
- Wireless experience with AMI, Distribution Monitoring, & similar is preferred.
- Excellent strategic level selling is necessary.
- Must be able to deliver sales support and motivation for partners and value added resellers.
- The qualified candidate must have the ability to drive results in a busy startup environment.
- Provide pro-active communications to clients informing them of sales achievement, company and industry news items, as well as successful product applications.
- You will also represent the company in regional and national trade shows.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 50-60%, act independently, and be self-motivated.
Customer Support Engineer
On-Ramp Wireless is looking for a highly motivated Customer Support Engineer whose primary responsibility is to interface directly with customers through our Zendesk ticketing tracking system.
Candidates for this position will be responsible for answering customer questions and debugging customer issues related to On-Ramp’s applications and networks. Candidates should have some experience working with web based applications and wireless communication networks.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume along with a note or cover letter describing how your prior experience can fulfill this position.
- Tier 1 customer support of On-Ramp applications and networks
- Debug web application and network issues
- Provide status to customers on submitted tickets
- Document troubleshooting steps
- Provide customer training
- Generate product or service reports from collecting and analyzing customer and network information
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 1-2 years customer support experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Linux experience
- Networking experience
- Zendesk experience
- Experience scripting in Bash or other scripting languages
- OpsView or Nagios experience
On-Ramp Wireless has two opportunities to join our System Test Team, in an entry-level capacity, as a Laboratory Technician.
On-Ramp Wireless is the global leader in wide-area machine-to-machine connectivity. Only the On-Ramp Total Reach Network has the range, capacity and security necessary to address the growing demand for smart metering, remote monitoring, data gathering, tracking and automation. Billions of devices are getting connected, transforming industry and society. We provide the On-Ramp to connect these devices with an innovative wireless network designed for wide-area machine-to-machine communication.
As an Engineering Laboratory Technician, you will help in various hardware and software related activities associated with setting up and maintaining cellular network like systems in our laboratory.
- Basic level of programming knowledge using C, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- Interest in both hardware and software is necessary.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills will be necessary.
- Must be able to learn quickly.
System Test Technician
On Ramp Wireless is the global leader in wide-area machine-to-machine connectivity. Only the On Ramp Total Reach Network has the range, capacity and security necessary to address the growing demand for smart metering, remote monitoring, data gathering, tracking and automation. Billions of devices are getting connected, transforming industry and society. We provide the On-Ramp to connect these devices with an innovative wireless network designed for wide -area machine-to-machine communication.
As a System Test Technician, you will help in various hardware and software related activities associated with setting up and maintaining cellular network like RF systems in our laboratory. The qualified candidate will work closely with the software development team.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Basic level of programming knowledge using C, Python, Bash scripting, etc.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Hardware and software testing.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance from others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Staff Software Engineer
The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for the lead development of a back office enterprise server components for the On-Ramp suite of products. The qualified candidate will be a dynamic and visible leader that advocates for business-focused solutions. Will own all aspects of the product design, implementation and deployment and help grow the customer base with high-quality product features and technology. Will also interface with other developers on system design and data integration issues, work with designers and product management on user-interface design and implementation and collaborate with the test team on test planning and automated testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or working equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of programming in Java for a high-performance web based enterprise application.
- Professional experience with GWT highly desired.
- Strong Object Orient Analysis and Design skills.
- Expert level SQL skills including query tuning and database performance optimization in high-volume applications.
- Experience with MySQL and administration required.
- Strong experience with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of Tomcat configuration and administration required.
- Technical operations focus with practical experience doing Linux sysadmin work.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills are an absolute requirement