On-Ramp Wireless is the global leader in wide-area machine-to-machine communication. We are looking for technology and business innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us power the M2M revolution. On-Ramp offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, and the chance to work for a dynamic and growing company. To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line.
Regional Sales Manager
We are seeking a dynamic Regional Sales Manager for the Western US territory. This key position requires exceptional customer insight and interface skills. As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for direct and distribution channel sales of company products and services. In addition, you will manage all aspects of sales to prospective and current customers, provide technical and administrative product information, be responsible for product presentations and demos and manage the sales channel within your region. You will be accountable for meeting sales targets and company growth objectives through new customer development and sales growth optimization of existing accounts within the established geographic area. In addition, you will provide market and account level leadership to properly identify, qualify, create account plans and execute against those plans with our partners, focusing on the electric cooperative and municipality space. The successful candidate should live within the Western US, preferably Southern California.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ applicable business development experience are required.
- Existing relationships and experience selling wireless technology into the metering and utilities market with a track record of success is a must.
- Wireless experience with AMI, Distribution Monitoring, & similar is preferred.
- Excellent strategic level selling is necessary.
- Must be able to deliver sales support and motivation for partners and value added resellers.
- The qualified candidate must have the ability to drive results in a busy startup environment.
- Provide pro-active communications to clients informing them of sales achievement, company and industry news items, as well as successful product applications.
- You will also represent the company in regional and national trade shows.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 50-60%, act independently, and be self-motivated.
Director Ecosystems Development
As Director Ecosystem Development for On-Ramp Wireless you will serve as the primary owner of ecosystem business development and enablement activities for our purpose built M2M communications technology, identifying and cultivating sensor and device manufactures to embed On-Ramp’s RPMA communications in their applications. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Product and Ecosystem Management.
You will work closely with Sales and Product Management to identify key ecosystem partners and evangelize On-Ramp’s technology platform, focusing building business relationships build around specific customer opportunities. Once partners are engaged you will manage go to market support and day to day partner relationships to drive revenue growth and market leadership.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop and drive enabling strategy for key ecosystem partners globally, working closely with Sales team to prioritize target partners
- Negotiate agreements and develop initial business relationships with partners
- Maintain strong and deep working relationships with partners and peers
- Advocate On-Ramp products and value propositions
- Drive On-Ramp product adoption on target applications, focused on enabling new applications at targeted end customer accounts
- Understand current and emerging communications needs and provide feedback on requirements to product management
- Provide training and associated go to market support for ecosystem partners
- Establish expertise in focused segments, market trends, and M2M communications models
- Contribute to product roadmap definition and planning
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree or equivalent related experience required, MBA or further education preferred
- Experience in technical marketing, business development, application engineering, or field application engineering
- Design experience or strong technical background in communications systems, wireless infrastructure or sensor networks.
- Excellent track record of performance against goals
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships across different levels and functions
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with customers to understand technical requirements, position solutions and develop differentiated offerings and go-to-market plans
Staff Software Engineer
The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for the lead development of a back office enterprise server components for the On-Ramp suite of products. The qualified candidate will be a dynamic and visible leader that advocates for business-focused solutions. Will own all aspects of the product design, implementation and deployment and help grow the customer base with high-quality product features and technology. Will also interface with other developers on system design and data integration issues, work with designers and product management on user-interface design and implementation and collaborate with the test team on test planning and automated testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or working equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of programming in Java for a high-performance web based enterprise application.
- Professional experience with GWT highly desired.
- Strong Object Orient Analysis and Design skills.
- Expert level SQL skills including query tuning and database performance optimization in high-volume applications.
- Experience with MySQL and administration required.
- Strong experience with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of Tomcat configuration and administration required.
- Technical operations focus with practical experience doing Linux sysadmin work.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills are an absolute requirement.
We are looking for an entry-level BSEE graduate. The qualified Engineer will be a part of the embedded software team helping to develop and unit test applications built on the On-Ramp wireless protocol. Will work closely with development and systems test teams to ensure high-quality results and maintain comprehensive unit test for new products and features. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter that advocates for quality and is passionate about great technology.
This position requires the following:
- A BSEE or working equivalent and 0 – 1 year of experience is required.
- Must have C/C++ programming experience.
- Must have Python, PERL or similar scripting skills.
- Embedded software and hardware experience a plus.
- Proficient with using and setting up lab equipment; JTAG debugger, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, DMMs, etc.
- Familiar with one or more of the following wireless LAN/PAN technologies: 802.15.4 protocols, ZigBee, proprietary sensor networking protocols, WLAN, Bluetooth is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
On-Ramp Wireless has two opportunities to join our System Test Team, in an entry-level capacity, as a Laboratory Technician.
On-Ramp Wireless is the global leader in wide-area machine-to-machine connectivity. Only the On-Ramp Total Reach Network has the range, capacity and security necessary to address the growing demand for smart metering, remote monitoring, data gathering, tracking and automation. Billions of devices are getting connected, transforming industry and society. We provide the On-Ramp to connect these devices with an innovative wireless network designed for wide-area machine-to-machine communication.
As an Engineering Laboratory Technician, you will help in various hardware and software related activities associated with setting up and maintaining cellular network like systems in our laboratory.
- Basic level of programming knowledge using C, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- Interest in both hardware and software is necessary.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills will be necessary.
- Must be able to learn quickly.